Monday, December 3, 2012

Quote of the Day


I still have four unfinished stories on the back burner. Now, I have an addition to the four. I think I'll finish the new addition before I go back to working on the others. In the meantime, here's a short compilation of some of the funnier compliments/comments/conversations I've gotten over the years. Some of these are taken out of context.

"You do have some straight shoulders. You would have been a good Egyptian slave with those shoulders." 

When I told my parents to get a dog after we leave, mom said, "Why would i do that? I already have three at home."

Once while discussing the prospect of setting up a friend with a certain girl . . .
Friend: "Tell her a fair, tall doctor who once dated a princess is interested in her." 

While at a friend's house . . .
Friend's Mom: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No . . .
Friend's Mom: What's wrong with the two of you?

"Do I know you cause I'm sure if we met I would have remembered you."
This being a relative I added on facebook (one I hadn't seen in years) who probably was hoping I was a potential prospect. 

On a random note, does anyone else think it's quite painful to read AIM/FB messages/FB chat conversation from when you were younger? Maybe it's me but I wince every time I read a bad spelling or naive/laughable ideas from my younger self. 

Some compliments I've gotten from different guys, made weird/funny by the fact that it was a man saying those things. The out of context rule applies here as well. 
"I like how you do your eyeliner."
"You [your hips] were made to deliver babies."
"You would make adorable babies. You'll have a charming family someday."
"Does she fear God?"
"If you had a kid with a white guy, that baby would probably look like Tiger Wood." There really is no appropriate response for that. 
"Let's see some more pics of women."
"I like your earrings. You always have such nice earrings."
"I like the emo hair to the side look."
"You would make an amazing matriarch. You would make beautiful babies."

Regarding the last one, never discuss kids with a woman who clearly has no intention of having one any time soon. Second, who uses the word matriarch???


No comments:

Post a Comment