Friday, June 27, 2014

Family Moments

My parents have a strange sense of humor that only they seem to understand. One night while the brothers were out, I'm sitting in the living room talking to them, when suddenly my mom asks my dad point blank, "Do you love me?"
He says all nonchalantly, "No."
They continue to stare at each other, while a smile grows on both their faces. Before long, they burst out laughing, leaving me totally confused.


My brothers are telling me how we have a Ferrari and Bentley dealership in Alpharetta, AKA Suburbia, when my mom says, "I saw a Maserati a few days ago when I was driving somewhere with your dad."
Me: "You know the difference between a Ferrari and a Maserati?!"
Mom: "Duh . . ."
Some days, I feel so behind.


More about my rather random mother . . .
I went to a EDM festival called TomorrowWorld in Georgia the year it started. I was showing her the trailer, when she asks, "Can I come with you??"
Surprisingly, imagining my mother at an EDM festival wasn't the craziest idea, and for a short moment in time, I actually considered it.

Parental Moment
When we went out to dinner with the family for my birthday, I forgot my ID, so my parents got me the drink I wanted. After a drink (a few), the parentals got tipsy and the following conversation ensued.
Parents: You're lucky you got us for parents.
Me: How so?
Parents: What other parents buy their daughter alcohol? No one! We're so cool!
Me: Um . . . no.
Parents: Yes, we are.
Me: Buying your kid a drink is normal. I know parents who do that. You guys aren't special.
Parents: . . .
Me: My friend's mom bought her beer at the liquor store and she's Indian.
Parents: . . . well, at least we have class. We didn't buy you cheap stuff like beer.
They always have to have the last word.

No comments:

Post a Comment