Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Chocolate Kisses

Kisses, unexpected kisses. Sometimes on the head, sometimes the shoulders, but my favorite were the ones on the lips. Soft and gentle. Not at all like the first time. The first time, to be honest, was pretty awful on his part: too fast, too much tongue, too much everything. Nevertheless, I liked them. They were earnest and sweet, like the person giving them. They were also very inexperienced in the beginning. In his defense, he’d always say, “I hadn’t kissed a girl in a very long, long time. Then, I met you.”

I actually had to tell him to slow down. Before him, my friends had always told me that you have to train a guy to kiss the way you like. Until him, I didn’t understand that.
We were hanging out in his room. He had offered me something to drink, multiple times too, until I finally accepted. The thought did pass through my head that he may very well be trying to get me drunk, but what I did notice was the nervous energy around him. I didn’t understand why though. He kept asking if I wanted to go out to dinner. I’d look at the clock and say, “It’s only 5:40. Are you hungry? We can go if you are.” He’d shake his head each time. Looking back, I can see he wanted to get me out of the room for fear of screwing things up. I think it was inevitable, even if it hadn’t happened the way it did.

He kept roaming around the room as I sat in the chair. It added to the nervous energy about him. Later he told me it was testing out a hypothesis. He kept moving to see if my body would move towards his direction. Each time he moved to a different direction, he said I would move my feet or my body to point towards him. That is how he knew.

Eventually he stopped moving around and asked me if I wanted to watch TV. I shrugged my shoulders and agreed. Later, I found out it was because I took my jacket off. It gave him the idea that may be I’d be sticking around longer than he thought. He started flipping through the channels, asking me if I had a preference. I didn’t. Eventually, I moved over to where he was sitting, siding up besides him, shoulder to shoulder. We continued to talk as he flipped through the channels, until we got to one with elevator music, showing different landscapes and such. As we were talking, he looked down at me. The inches he had on me always had me looking up at him. 

As I replied to something he said, I looked up at him and smiled. It was one of those moments, when it happened. The next thing I know his lips are mine, his tongue invading my mouth. 

Overwhelmed. That’s how I felt. To me it was unexpected and I didn’t see it coming. Looking back now, the signs were all there. I just refused to notice.

My mind was trying to catch up to my body, to the lips on mine, to the rough 5 o’clock brushing up against my skin. Once it did, however, I broke away from the kiss and looked at him. 

"What's wrong?"
"You need to slow down."

He moved in for another kiss. This was worse. Our teeth bumped and kept bumping after every try. I gave a little push, coming up for air. I burst out laughing, as he looked at me confused. 

When I finally caught my breathe, I looked up at him again. 

"You need to slow down. Bumping teeth while kissing is not normal."
"May be you're not doing it right."
I gave him a look. 
"Ok I'm going to do something and I need you to do nothing, while I do it. Think you can do that?"

He nodded. I leaned over to him, moving closer to his lips. 

I paused, just hovering above his lips, before I placed mine on his. I kissed him, slowly, loving the lack of teeth bumping. 

I pulled away. His eyes were still closed, savoring the moment. 

"That's how you kiss."
"It's been a while for me."
"I could tell."

He ducked his head, a little embarrassed. I chuckled. The tables were turned. 

I swooped in for a quick kiss. He smiled and returned the one I gave him. 

We kept at it for a little bit, until I noticed something on his arm. They were brownish splotches on his skin. 

"What's wrong with your arm?"

He looked down, noticing it for the first time. I tried rubbing it, but no such luck. 

"I swear this wasn't there before."

While I'm rubbing his arm, he noticed something on my shirt and began laughing. 

"What?"

"Look at your shirt."

I look down and notice the same colored splotches on my black polka dot top. Then I look down at the sheets under us. I notice the same thing on it as well. I get up and I finally see the melted chocolate squares on the bed. He takes one, popping it into his mouth. 

"It's still good."

I fall back onto the bed, laughing. He pulls me into his arms, his lips finding mine. 

I taste the chocolate on his tongue and I smile against his lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment