Friday, March 20, 2015

Snapshots II

We were fire and ice. I always ran warm while he ran cold. I loved all things warm. While others complained about the 80 degree weather, I welcomed it. There’s something about summer that I just loved wholeheartedly. Him? Well let’s just say he was the exact opposite. Mountains, snow, and multiple layers of clothes, that was his thing.
It made sleeping in the same bed a little difficult.
His constant complaint was that sleeping next to me felt like sleeping next to a body heater, except in human form. He’d move away from me at some point, but he got stuck with the girl whose body honed in on any sources of heat. Over the course of the night he’d wake up once again with me glued to his side.

On one such night I woke up with him hovering inches away from my face. Lucky for him, I was completely out of it. Confused, I looked over at the clock. It read 3am. I looked back at him and asked, “What are you doing?”
“Making sure you were breathing.”
“Why wouldn’t I be breathing?”
“You’re burning up. I just wanted to see if you were still alive.”
“As you can tell, I’m breathing. Go back to bed.” I turned back onto my side.
“One more thing though.”
I turned back to face him annoyed.
“What?”
“Just this.”
  He kissed me and promptly turned his back to me. Amused, I placed a kiss on the back of his neck and turned over on my side, facing away from him. A second later I felt his arms wrap around me. 

Of course, the next morning he complained about how he couldn't get any sleep what with the human furnace he slept next to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment